A lot of energy is drained out when you live in dry and hot weather conditions, especially during the summer months. Air coolers are the most budget-friendly option for Indian homes. A humid and hot climate can be seen throughout the year, and hence using air cooler can save you a few bucks. But they are not as strong and comfortable as the air conditioners, and hence you will have to make sure that you are taking proper care of air coolers. Air cooler maintenance is one of the most important factors that you need to keep in your mind.
Many people like to hire professional help for cleaning the air coolers, but if you wish to save a few bucks, you can do it at home. If you are not sure how to clean air cooler at home, this simple guide can help you. In general, there are just two parts that you will have to concentrate on – the water tank and the cooling pads.
How to Clean Water Tank and Cooling Pads at Home?
Here in this article, we have explained very well about cleaning these two.
Cleaning the Water Tank:
- You should first unplug the cooler from the socket to clean the cooler. You should also make sure that the water supply is turned off.
- The next step is to remove the panels and cool pads from the air cooler.
- You should now drain out all the old water that is present in the air cooler tank. Some water tanks can be detached, and if your cooler has a detachable water tank, then remove it and drain out all the water. But if it is not detachable, you will have to look for the drain plug and then drain off the water for air cooler cleaning. Once the water is drained completely, you can clean inside the tank with a soft sponge or cloth. That will help in getting rid of the debris or any mold that is developed inside the water tank.
- You can mix water and vinegar in equal quantities and use them for soaking the water tank. You can also use mild soap for its cleaning.
- After one hour, you can scrub it and clean it. Once it is rinsed well, it is ready to use again.
Cleaning the Cooling Pads:
- Every air cooler comes with a cooling pad, and they help the cooler to work well. But as you keep using them, they become dirty. You will have to clean them at least once a month.
- Take a mixture of water and lemon or water and vinegar in equal quantities. You need to soak the cooling pads in this solution and leave for 30 seconds to one minute.
- Once you are done with this step, you should rinse them off and leave them to dry. You should leave them to air dry. You cannot and should never replace the cooling pads when they are wet. Sometimes if they are in very bad condition, you will have to replace them with new ones. If you are doing yearly maintenance or when the airflow is reduced in the cooling pads, you will have to replace them.
- You should now clean the air cooler from outside or with the air cooler cleaning chemical. You can easily find them outside, and they help in cleaning the cooler very well. There should not be any harsh or strong chemicals for its cleaning.
- At the backside of the cooler, you will be able to find a few filters attached. You should clean these filters from time to time as they also get dirty very easily. It is good to clean them every month.
- Once you are done with all this, you should now eliminate the air cooler’s bad odor. You can take vinegar and add a few drops of essential oil of your choice to it. Just mix them well and pour them into a spray bottle. You should now spray this mixture inside the air cooler after doing the entire cleaning process.
Whether you are looking for how to clean a symphony air cooler or just any air cooler, these are the common steps that you need to follow. So, now you need not have to worry about cleaning air cooler, you can do it monthly at home without any worries.
Also Read :-